The surreal element seen in the Black Fire photo series has a very mystical and magical edge, if you ask me. Dark and dramatic, apart from its fiery nature, it is an otherwise very minimalist photoshoot.
Shot by Hong Kong-based photographer Hung Ng, the Black Fire photo series is extremely well executed. Both the model's movements and the Photoshopped flames meld together seamlessly to create an almost believable series of images. Since water has been at the forefront of many fashion shoots and campaigns over the last couple of years, I'm excited to see a motif of fire emerge.
Overall a fantastic spread, the Black Fire photo series is shot completely in black and white, making the fire look almost as though the model was dissolving instead.
Hung Ng's Black Fire Series is Dark and Dramatic
1. Surreal Photography - Surreal photography is becoming more popular and can be a disruptive innovation opportunity for the photography industry.
2. Dark Fashion - The trend of dark and dramatic fashion is on the rise, offering opportunities for fashion designers to innovate and create new styles.
3. Elemental Motifs - The use of elemental motifs like fire in photography and fashion has potential to disrupt and innovate both industries.
1. Photography - The surreal and minimalist photography seen in the Black Fire photo series has potential to disrupt the traditional photography industry.
2. Fashion - The trend of dark and dramatic fashion, as seen in the Black Fire photo series, offers opportunities for fashion designers to innovate and create new styles.
3. Graphic Design - The seamless integration of Photoshopped flames in the Black Fire photo series could disrupt and innovate traditional graphic design processes and techniques.