Luxury luggage maker Heys USA is gearing up to introduce the first biometric suitcase, aptly named the BioCase. There are no keys needed to unlock this case, only the owner’s fingers.
The built-in biometric scanner memorizes up to eight fingerprints for 90 days, and it can be charged using a power adapter or USB plug.
The BioCase is expected to begin retailing in April 2009, and will come in two sizes, a 19-inch, hard-sided business case and a 20-inch carry-on piece. Both cases are lightweight and feature ergonomic, non-slip TRP comfort grips and fully lined interiors. In addition, they are touted as nearly indestructible.
Cool. If James Bond carries a suitcase, this is probably it.
Heys BioCase Luggage Unlocks With the Scan of Your Fingerprint
1. Biometric Luggage - Heys BioCase Luggage introduces a disruption opportunity by eliminating the need for keys and ensuring safety.
2. Personalized Security - The integration of biometric scanner technology personalized to its owner's fingerprints adds another layer of security to personal luggage.
3. Luxury Travel - Heys BioCase Luggage offers a luxury travel experience with its hard-sided suitcases and indestructible design.
1. Travel and Tourism - The travel and tourism industries can benefit from integrating biometric technology to their customers' luggage as it provides a heightened level of security.
2. Manufacturing - Manufacturing companies have the opportunity to incorporate biometric scanning technology to various products and items, providing customers with safety and convenience.
3. Retail - Retailers can explore personalized and technologically advanced products offered to customers looking for a luxury travel experience.