When one says the words "biker chic," certain images appear in their mind: black leather, studs and half gloves, but 3.1 Phillip Lim broke all the biker rules at his Fall/Winter ready to wear show.
Lim interpreted his inspiration "girlfriend of a biker" in a new and exciting way. He used patchwork jackets, oversized dresses and sweaters, fur and a lot of black. He combined these pieces with knee high sandals, messy hair and futuristic sunglasses. All models had a grungy, devil may care attitude, which played in nicely to the alley-inspired backdrop. Lim also used a lot of layering, piece after piece was put on top of each other letting everyone know that if you want to be a badass biker girlfriend this fall, you need some attitude, killer shoes and lots of layers.
3.1 Phillip Lim Creates an Updated Biker Girl
1. Rebellious Fashion Trends - Opportunity to disrupt traditional styles and challenge norms to create unique fashion statements
2. Patchwork Clothing - Opportunity to introduce eclectic fashion styles that incorporate diverse patterns and textures
3. Futuristic Accessories - Opportunity to merge futuristic designs with classic looks to create bold and innovative fashion statements
1. Apparel Industry - Opportunity to create clothing lines that challenge conventional fashion, create new trends and influence culture
2. Footwear Industry - Opportunity to design statement shoes that incorporate unique features and styles, and complement rebellious fashion trends
3. Accessories Industry - Opportunity to create bold and artistic accessories that complement non-traditional and edgy fashion styles