Denny's launched its #BigBurgerBash this month to celebrate innovative burgers. The eatery has added two unique new burgers to the menu to satisfy each guest's particular taste. The burgers can also be topped with consumer-specific ingredients selected from the menu. The celebratory burger campaign also offers consumers the chance to post images of their divine creations to Instagram, which will enter them into a draw for the chance to win a $50 Denny's gift card.
This consumer-specific dining experience encourages consumer creativity, the possibility of a free gift card and a bit of foodie publicity. Millennials have become notorious for posting images of food onto social media, and by offering them the possibility for their food to be seen on a restaurant's social media site is an intelligent marketing strategy.
The #BigBurgerBash will last now through to October 12th, and will offer guests the option to create their own burger beginning with a classic Denny's patty or one of its new releases, the Bourbon Bacon Cheeseburger or Spicy Sriracha Cheeseburger.
The #BigBurgerBash Encourages Consumers to Share Creations Via Social Media
1. Consumer-created Menus - Allowing consumers to customize their own meals is a disruptive innovation opportunity that enhances the dining experience and increases customer engagement.
2. Social Media Marketing - Implementing social media campaigns that encourage customers to share their creations online presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for businesses to increase brand awareness and reach a wider audience.
3. Foodie Culture - Capitalizing on the trend of sharing food images on social media allows businesses to tap into the foodie culture and create a community around their brand.
1. Restaurant Industry - In the restaurant industry, offering consumer-specific menus and implementing social media marketing campaigns can revolutionize the dining experience and attract a younger demographic.
2. Fast Food Industry - Fast food chains can leverage the trend of foodie culture and consumer creativity by introducing customizable menu options and promoting them through social media platforms.
3. Marketing Industry - The marketing industry can explore innovative ways to use social media to promote brands and engage with consumers, especially by partnering with restaurants to launch creative campaigns like the #BigBurgerBash.