Not only is Beyonce crazy, crazy in love, she is also crazy, crazy about Nintendo’s Super Mario. Beyonce has signed up as the spokesperson for Nintendo’s new game, Rhythm Heaven, due for release on April 5.
Beyonce will also appear in television commercials, printed ads and on the world wide web.
Implications - Companies have used celebrity endorsement as a strategy for decades; however, this tactic may be more effective now than ever. Social media has allowed consumers to interact with celebrities, creating personal relationships that strengthen consumer-celebrity adoration. Thus, now is a better time than ever for a company to capitalize on a person's positive association and status as a pop icon.
Super Mario-Loving Beyonce As Nintendo ‘Rhythm Heaven' Spo
1. Celebrity Endorsements - The use of celebrity endorsements as a marketing strategy is more effective now than ever due to the personal relationships consumers can create with celebrities through social media.
2. Consumer-celebrity Interaction - Social media has enabled consumers to interact with celebrities, creating personal relationships that strengthen consumer-celebrity adoration.
3. Pop Icon Marketing - Capitalizing on a person's positive association and status as a pop icon can be a successful marketing strategy in today's social media-driven landscape.
1. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can leverage celebrity endorsements and consumer-celebrity interaction to enhance marketing campaigns and increase fan engagement.
2. Gaming - The gaming industry can benefit from celebrity endorsements by using pop icons to promote new games and attract a wider audience.
3. Social Media Marketing - Social media marketing agencies can help brands capitalize on the trend of consumer-celebrity interaction to create impactful influencer marketing campaigns.