Bang & Olufsen has been designing aesthetically and sonically attractive speakers for years, and thanks to a new program called Beocreate, those vintage speakers purchased in the years before wireless technology need not go to waste. The program, which is a partnership between Bang and Olufsen and Swiss digital audio company HiFiBerry, helps DIYers to turn their vintage speakers into fully functional wireless audio devices.
The only piece of hardware necessary for Beocreate is a digital signal processing board that is available through the programs page on HiFiBerry's site. That board can be incorporated into four of Bang & Olufsen's classic speakers (the Beovox CX100, CX50, RL2000, and RL6000, to be specific), turning the icons of the 70s and 80s into modern devices.
Beocreate Lets Users Turn Old Bang & Olufsen Speakers Wireless
1. Wireless Speaker Conversion - Opportunity to create DIY wireless audio devices by incorporating digital signal processing boards into vintage speakers.
2. Vintage Tech Upcycling - Realizing the potential of outdated technology by repurposing vintage speakers and giving them modern functionality.
3. Collaborative Retrofitted Audio Solutions - Partnerships between audio companies and digital audio companies to provide solutions for retrofitting vintage speakers with wireless technology.
1. Audio Equipment Manufacturing - Manufacturers can explore opportunities to offer retrofitting programs or partnerships, expanding product lifespan and functionality.
2. Diy/electronics Hardware - Opportunity for DIY enthusiasts and electronics hardware companies to provide digital signal processing boards catering to vintage speaker upcycling market.
3. Vintage & Retro Market - Vintage and retro market can benefit from the increased demand and interest in repurposing old speakers by collaborating with audio companies and offering customization services.