These Benjamin Lowy photos show the darker side of humanity’s penchant for violence in this dark, but utterly realist collection.
By focusing exclusively on conflict and destruction, his works serve as a stark foil to the more popular and positive landscape, fashion and sports photography that seems to dominate pop culture. In this way, Benjamin Lowy photos take on a higher level of immediacy and importance in that they refuse to be ignored or forgotten once seen. Long after you have forgotten what Victoria Secret’s latest super sexualized spread was about, you will still be able to recall the impact of many of these jarringly important pictures.
Benjamin Lowy Photos Capture the Harsh Realities of Conflict
1. Conflict Photography - New opportunities for photojournalists to capture the harsh realities of conflict through authentic storytelling.
2. Realist Photography - Disruptive innovation opportunities for photographers to present a more realistic and unfiltered view of the world.
3. Shock Value Imagery - Opportunities to use shocking and thought-provoking imagery to raise awareness and inspire action around important social and political issues.
1. Media - New opportunities for news outlets to provide their audiences with a more raw and authentic view of the world through conflict photography.
2. Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunities for advertisers to break away from conventional beauty standards and use realist photography to connect with consumers on a deeper, more emotional level.
3. Non-profit Organizations - Opportunities for non-profit organizations to leverage shock value imagery to raise awareness and inspire action around important social and political issues.