Don Howell has designed a beautiful chaise lounge that draws inspiration from the curvature of the human spine. While many chairs are designed to support your spine, very few of them are actually designed to resemble it.
The Sternum Chaise is made from solid wood and is handmade by a skilled craftsman. The design of the chair features sinewy lines and over 60 joints, which create the visual allusion of the human spine. The Sternum Chaise is not only visually appealing, but it also serves as a form of functional seating. Ergonomically designed for maximum spinal support, this chair is both comfortable and luxurious.
If you're eager to get your hands on this beautiful chaise lounge, the chair is available for order from Hellman-Chang’s Brooklyn Co-Op Studio.
This Beautiful Chaise Lounge is Inspired by the Curve of the Human Spine
1. Spine-inspired Furniture - Designing furniture trends that take inspiration from the human body, including the spine, to achieve ergonomic and comfortable pieces.
2. Handmade Craftsmanship Trends - Increasing trend towards handmade furniture crafted by skilled craftsmen as a response to mass-produced items, providing unique finishes and high-quality materials.
3. Functional Seating Trends - Designing seating that not only provides comfort but also serves as a functional piece, highlighting the importance of practicality and multi-purpose design.
1. Furniture - The furniture industry can use inspiration from the spine to create unique and comfortable seating experiences that merge form and function.
2. Handmade Craftsmanship - The handmade craftsmanship industry can cater to the increasing demand for unique and high-quality items, creating furniture that stands out from mass-produced alternatives.
3. Ergonomics and Comfort - The ergonomics and comfort industry can develop products that are not only practical but also visually appealing, addressing the need for a more holistic approach to design.