MTV’s latest venture ensures that the Beatles will continue to change the world long after they’ve stopped making music. Apple Corps, Harmonix and MTV games have teamed up to create what will be the definitive interactive music video game.
Although Harmonix is the creative force behind “Rock Band,” this won’t be a silly song expansion pack. According to Newsvine, Harmonix CEO Alex Rigopolous gave a teleconference on Thursday morning in which he emphasized that while the game will take advantage of the “Rock Band” platform, it is set to be a standalone product.
Newsvine also reports that the video game has been enthusiastically accepted by the two remaining Beatles. Both Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr have expressed their approval of the venture, as have the widows of George Harrison and John Lennon. The MTV, Harmonix and Apple Corps venture will be the first time that the Beatles catalog will have been presented in an interactive format.
MTV to Produce Interactive Beatles Video Game
1. Interactive Music Video Games - The collaboration between Apple Corps, Harmonix, and MTV games to create an interactive Beatles video game opens up opportunities for other musical icons to be presented in a similar immersive format.
2. Standalone Products on Established Platforms - The development of a standalone Beatles video game utilizing the Rock Band platform demonstrates the potential for creating standalone products that leverage existing platforms and technologies.
3. Interactive Presentation of Music Catalogs - The interactive Beatles video game marks the first time the Beatles catalog will be presented in an interactive format, indicating a trend towards interactive and immersive experiences for music catalogs.
1. Gaming Industry - The collaboration between Apple Corps, Harmonix, and MTV games to create an interactive Beatles video game highlights the disruptive innovation opportunities within the gaming industry for interactive music experiences.
2. Entertainment Industry - The development of standalone products on established platforms, as demonstrated by the Beatles video game, presents disruptive innovation opportunities within the entertainment industry for immersive and interactive experiences.
3. Music Industry - The interactive presentation of the Beatles catalog in a video game format indicates a disruptive innovation opportunity within the music industry to create interactive and immersive experiences around music catalogs.