The Barefoot Running Revolution Infographic uses facts to show that people are moving away from running shoes and towards toes.
The market appears to be towards a barefoot world and some companies are reacting while others ignore the cultural movement. Some major names such as Nike and Adidas have produced shoes that separate toes to re-create the barefoot feeling. Running with traditional running shoes causes an unnatural landing when one's foot hits the ground while barefoot allows for proper posture and more balance. Many runners have begun to make the switch to barefoot while "barefoot running" has sky-rocketed in Google searches from 2009 to 2012.
Shoe companies should take a look at the Barefoot Running Revolution Infographic if they want to survive in a changing market.
The 'Barefoot Running Revolution' Infographic Shows a Cultural Movement
1. Barefoot Running Revolution - There is a cultural shift towards barefoot running, with runners opting for barefoot shoes or no shoes at all.
2. Minimalist Running Shoes - Shoe companies are creating shoes that offer the benefits of barefoot running while providing protection for the feet.
3. Anatomical Design - Shoe companies are designing shoes that mimic the shape and mechanics of the foot.
1. Athletic Footwear - Shoe companies need to adapt their products to cater to the barefoot and minimalist running trends.
2. Fitness Wearables - Fitness wearables can incorporate barefoot running data to help runners improve their form and reduce injuries.
3. Medicine and Rehabilitation - Barefoot running and minimalist shoes can be used as a form of therapy for foot and leg injuries.