Since cell phones have seemingly overtaken the canine companion's traditionally held role of 'man's best friend,' it only makes sense that the Bandai SmartPet would incorporate the most popular attributes from both dogs and phones into one digital companion.
The makers of the Tamagotchi created this phone holder to transform one's iPhone into a cartoon-faced, tail wagging robot pet. The toy is composed of a black or white plastic body that has a space provided for the iPhone -- which acts as the dog's face.
After downloading the SmartPet app from iTunes and clipping the phone into place, the body comes to life and can do a variety of actions and facial expressions that are linked to voice recognition of the digital pup's owner. Similar to the Tamagotchi, owners must also keep track of their pet's health and happiness to ensure it leads a good life.
The Bandai SmartPet Transforms a Smart Phone into a Loveable Companion
1. Smartphone-companion Integration - The trend of integrating smartphones with companion devices, like the Bandai SmartPet, allows for a unique and interactive user experience.
2. Digital Pet Evolution - The trend of evolving digital pets, such as the Bandai SmartPet, combines elements of traditional toys with modern technology to create new forms of entertainment.
3. Voice-activated Animatronics - The trend of voice-activated animatronics, as seen in the SmartPet app, opens up possibilities for more immersive and interactive digital experiences.
1. Consumer Electronics - The consumer electronics industry can leverage smartphone-companion integration to create innovative products that enhance user engagement and satisfaction.
2. Toy and Game - The toy and game industry can explore the digital pet evolution trend to develop new products that merge physical and digital play experiences.
3. Software Development - The software development industry can capitalize on voice-activated animatronics by creating advanced voice recognition systems that enable lifelike interactions in various digital applications.