It's not easy pulling off a convincingly retro-themed editorial but the Aydan Kerimli '2' series for GEIL Magazine manages to do just this.
In the series, the Moscow-based photographer trains his lens on two dapper models, Peter Rykov (Black) and Shershen Anastasia (President) adorned 1920s-inspired clothing as styled by Vadim Galaganov (GQ Russia) and with period-appropriate hair and makeup from Savva Saveliev. Of course, the editorial would not have been possible without the direction and management of producer Tatyana Pronskaya, and for this she deserves credit.
The elegant and dashing couple are reminiscent of characters from an F. Scott Fitzgerrald novel. In fact, if it were a film adaptation rather than a fashion editorial, one could be forgiven for thinking that Rykov and Anastasia were playing Nicole and Dick Diver from 'Tender Is The Night,' a novel about the waxing and waning relationship of two dashing socialites during the 1920s.
The Aydan Kerimli '2' Series is Elegant and Retro
1. Retro Fashion Photography - There is a disruptive innovation opportunity for fashion brands to incorporate retro fashion photography into their marketing campaigns.
2. Period-inspired Styling - There is a disruptive innovation opportunity for hair and makeup artists to incorporate period-inspired styling into their services.
3. 1920s Aesthetic - There is a disruptive innovation opportunity for event planners to incorporate a 1920s aesthetic into events and weddings.
1. Fashion Industry - The fashion industry can utilize retro fashion photography and period-inspired styling to create unique marketing campaigns.
2. Beauty Industry - The beauty industry can incorporate period-inspired hair and makeup styling to attract customers seeking a vintage look.
3. Event Planning Industry - The event planning industry can utilize a 1920s aesthetic for themed events, weddings, and parties to create a unique and memorable experience for clients.