Awake NY finally releases the lookbook for its highly anticipated Fall 2018 drop and the offerings are well worth the wait. The contemporary brand took a pop culture approach to streetwear with engagingly humorous graphics and branded apparel. For example, the color-block jacket that boasts hits of red, black and white, as well as the Awake NY logo, is definitely a highlight.
One of the most attention-grabbing garments from the Fall 2018 collection is the graphic tee that sports Michelle Obama's Princeton graduation photo with the slogan "When they go low, we go high." Given the figure's popularity and importance in movements for equality, the t-shirt will, without a doubt, be popular.
Awake NY's Fall 2018 collection also includes a selection of backpacks, tote bags, socks, as well as some pillows, lanyards, incense sticks and more.
Awake NY's Fall 2018 Collection is Humorous and Relevant
1. Pop Culture-inspired Streetwear - Fashion brands can offer a range of products that connect to trending pop culture moments or celebrities to create engaging and humorous graphics for apparel.
2. Political Statement Clothing - Brands can use politically and socially charged slogans and imagery to call attention to issues and create clothing with a message that consumers can feel good about buying.
3. Brand-emblazoned Accessories - Creating branded accessories like backpacks, tote bags, and lanyards can help make youthful and playful marketing statements for companies while at the same time generating ancillary sales.
1. Fashion - Creating graphic clothing lines based on pop culture and politics can expand traditional fashion consumer bases and connect with younger audiences.
2. Streetwear - By integrating pop culture relevant graphics and slogans, streetwear brands can maintain their edge with the hard-to-impress youthful demographic while also tapping an untapped political/activist market.
3. Accessories - Creating and branding fun accessories including totes, backpacks and lanyards can represent a new revenue stream, and create additional opportunities to connect with new consumers.