The Awaglass by Norihiko Terayama of Japan-based Studio Note is a striking hourglass creation that replaces traditional sand with soapy water. Working just like a classic hourglass, it simply drips down bubbles instead of grains of sand. A beautifully simple substitution, it requires a good shake before using it so that the soapy water inside becomes as bubbly as possible.
The shape of the Awaglass by Norihiko Terayama is sleek and rounded, as though trying to mimic the bubbles it carries within its belly. Walkers Video created two mesmerizing films (one short and the other long) that shows exactly what this hourglass is capable of. A calming and serene experience, people will wonder why it wasn't created sooner.
The Awaglass by Norihiko Terayama is Filled With Soapy Water
1. Replacement of Tradition - The Awaglass demonstrates the potential for replacing traditional materials or practices with innovative alternatives.
2. Interactive Design - The use of soapy water and bubbles in the hourglass introduces an interactive element to the typically passive experience of using an hourglass.
3. Aesthetic Substitution - The sleek and rounded design of the Awaglass substitutes the visual appeal of bubbles for the traditional appeal of sand in an hourglass.
1. Home Decor - The unique and visually appealing design of the Awaglass can be a disruptive innovation in the home decor industry.
2. Wellness and Mindfulness - The calming and serene experience provided by the Awaglass aligns with the growing wellness and mindfulness industry.
3. Children's Toys - The interactive and mesmerizing nature of the Awaglass can offer a new and engaging toy option for children.