Kangaroo Island Spirits recently unveiled 900 bottles of Koala 48 as a unique Australian gin spirit that's said to be the first of its kind to be distilled with Australian juniper.
Australia’s first estate-grown juniper gets its name from the 48 botanicals that were found around the distillery and included in the product—some of these botanicals include green coriander, pineapple and bitter lemon—as well as the fact that it's bottled at 48% ABV. The finished product is described as being quirky and complex yet smooth and altogether, a harmonious blend of Australian flavors.
Notably, Kangaroo Island Spirits was established in 2002 and planted its first juniper trees just five years ago. As well as being surrounded by rich botanical life, the distillery now has 150 trees of its own.
Kangaroo Island Spirits Created a Gin Distilled with Australian Juniper
1. Australian Juniper Distillation - Opportunity to create unique spirits using Australian juniper as a key ingredient.
2. Estate-grown Botanicals - Potential for distilleries to grow their own botanicals to create distinctive and locally-sourced spirits.
3. Flavorful Harmonization - Trend towards blending a variety of botanical flavors to create complex and harmonious gin products.
1. Craft Distilleries - Disruptive innovation opportunity for craft distilleries to experiment with unique botanical ingredients.
2. Alcoholic Beverage Industry - Opportunity for alcoholic beverage companies to introduce innovative gin products with Australian-inspired flavors.
3. Sustainable Agriculture - Potential for sustainable agriculture industry to cater to the growing demand for locally-sourced botanicals in the spirits market.