It is now possible to safely use your phone while driving (to a point, anyway) thanks to the Aura Smartphone Car Dock. The dock is designed to be mounted onto your dashboard and comes with a wireless remote. The remote lets you perform four functions at once: camera, voice control, navigation and calling/texting. Apps can also be run in the background.
The Aura Smartphone Car Dock was created by MightyCarma, a pun-loving company based in Santa Clara. The dock only works with Android phones, but boy does it work. Its wireless remote means you never need to touch your phone and its voice functions let you call/text hands-free. Using a phone while driving is dangerous, but people will continue to do so regardless of the risk. MightyCarma is making such risky behavior somewhat safer with the Aura. The company has taken its dock to Kickstarter and is seeking $79,000 of funding.
The Aura Smartphone Car Dock Makes Using Your Phone on the Road Safer
1. Wireless Smartphone Car Docks - The trend of wireless smartphone car docks allows for safer and more convenient use of phones while driving.
2. Voice Control Technology - The trend of voice control technology in car accessories eliminates the need for manual phone operation while driving.
3. Crowdfunding for Automotive Innovations - The trend of using crowdfunding platforms like Kickstarter to fund automotive innovations opens up opportunities for disruptive products like the Aura Car Dock.
1. Automotive Accessories - The automotive accessories industry can benefit from incorporating wireless smartphone car docks into their product offerings.
2. Consumer Electronics - The consumer electronics industry can explore the integration of voice control technology in various gadgets and devices.
3. Crowdfunding Platforms - Crowdfunding platforms like Kickstarter can attract innovators in the automotive industry seeking funding for disruptive products.