The technology and automobile markets -- previously separate entities -- are merging in new, innovative ways each quarter and the Audi Virtual Dashboard is no exception. Unveiled at CES 2016, the dashboard design sees a number of features being places front and center including an AMOLED-based display, up-and-coming autonomous features and a bevy of customization options.
Although only in conceptual stages as of yet, the Audi Virtual Dashboard is purported by the brand to be the next-generation of in-car experiences. LTE connectivity, Voice over LTE (VoLTE) support, 'HERE' mapping technology from Nokia and even a traffic light information system are observed with the Audi Virtual Dashboard, which is expected to be seen in new vehicles in select markets in 2017.
The Audi Virtual Dashboard Brings New Features to Drivers at CES 2016
1. Merge of Technology and Automobile - The merging of technology and automobile markets creates opportunities for disruptive innovations in vehicle dashboards and in-car experiences.
2. Amoled-based Displays - The use of AMOLED-based displays in vehicle dashboards opens up possibilities for customization and enhanced visual experiences.
3. Connectivity and Mapping Integration - Integration of LTE connectivity, VoLTE support, 'HERE' mapping technology, and traffic light information systems into vehicle dashboards creates opportunities for improved navigation and communication experiences.
1. Automotive Industry - The automotive industry can explore the development of innovative vehicle dashboard designs and features.
2. Technology Industry - The technology industry can capitalize on the merging of technology and automobile markets by creating advanced displays and connectivity solutions for vehicle dashboards.
3. Mapping and Navigation Industry - The mapping and navigation industry can collaborate with automobile manufacturers to integrate mapping technologies and traffic information systems into vehicle dashboards.