The Atlantis Chandelier by Hudson Furniture Inc. is an elegant and nautical-themed light fixture designed by Barlas Baylar. The chandelier is a graceful cascade of nickel chain with a gloss finish. The strands that hang down add just the right touch of modern chaos and echo the long lost island of Greek myth or a ghost ship like the Flying Dutchman.
The Atlantis Chandelier by Hudson Furniture was produced in partnership with Italian luxury lighting company Terzani. It is made with four miles of nickel chain and takes eight bulbs. It is available by custom order and sells for $29,880.
The Atlantis Chandelier by Hudson Furniture Inc.
1. Nautical-inspired Lighting - With the rise in popularity of coastal and beach-themed home decors, there is an opportunity for designers to create more nautical-inspired lighting fixtures.
2. Chains as Lighting Elements - The use of chains as a primary design element in lighting fixtures creates an opportunity for designers to explore different textures and finishes to add visual interest to a space.
3. Modern Mythology-inspired Design - The trend of incorporating elements of mythology and folklore into modern design can be expanded to lighting fixtures, creating unique and conversation-starter pieces.
1. Luxury Home Lighting - The Atlantis Chandelier's high price tag ($29,880) caters to a luxury home lighting market, where exclusivity and unique designs are highly valued.
2. Custom Lighting Solutions - The creation of the Atlantis Chandelier by Hudson Furniture in partnership with Terzani highlights the demand for custom lighting solutions that incorporate high-quality materials and unique design features.
3. Artistic Lighting Design - The nautical and modern mythology themes of the Atlantis Chandelier demonstrate the potential of lighting fixtures to function as both functional and artistic pieces, opening up possibilities for creative, high-end lighting design.