'Atheist' is a German shoemaker based out of Berlin with an unexpected ideological bent for a shoe company. Rather than preaching comfort or style (though Atheist's footwear does indeed have both of those,) the company preaches Atheism through its soles.
With a motto proclaiming, "For those who live on their feet, not on their knees," Atheist is devoted to its anti-religious principles. The soles of all the company's shoe are emblazoned with taglines like "ich bin Atheist." But though the shoe company began simply with the idea of printing Atheist message on the soles of shoes, it has also created superb footwear that looks great and offers comfort.
Atheist shoes' sole are made using a prewar method that keeps the rubber from cupping the upper section, a testament to the company's devotion to quality.
'Atheist' Shoes Sport Pro-Atheism Logos on Their Soles
1. Atheism-branded Apparel - Opportunity to create other kinds of clothing or accessories with atheism-themed designs.
2. Activist Fashion - The trend of incorporating social and political messages into fashion continues to grow.
3. Retro Manufacturing Techniques - Emulating pre-war methods as a marketing strategy for craftsmanship and quality.
1. Footwear - Footwear companies can capitalize on the trend of incorporating controversial messages into their products.
2. Apparel - Developers can create other atheism-branded products like shirts or hats.
3. Manufacturing - Companies can incorporate retro methods into their manufacturing as a marketing technique to emphasize the craftsmanship of their products.