Although not necessarily its official name, the Asher Levine Condom Jacket has been dubbed so for a very good reason. The menswear designer, who has been known to dress Lady Gaga from time to time, employed the same air-drying process used to manufacture actual condoms. The result is a transparent trench coat that would make quite the statement if worn down the street--especially with no shirt on underneath.
The Asher Levine Condom Jacket is made out of medical-grade silicone, with enough material here to make up to 400 rubbers. The American designer tells the New York Post, "It’s basically the same thing but it’s a coat. I like that it looks like it’s wet. It’s slimy."
The Asher Levine Condom Jacket Uses Same Processing Technique
1. Transparent Silicone Fashion - The trend of using transparent silicone in fashion allows for innovative designs and unconventional materials, creating new opportunities for fashion brands.
2. Air-drying Manufacturing - The trend of using air-drying processes in manufacturing opens up possibilities for creating unique and sustainable products, disrupting traditional manufacturing methods.
3. Statement Fashion Pieces - The trend of wearing statement fashion pieces, like the Asher Levine Condom Jacket, challenges conventional fashion norms and offers opportunities for bold and expressive self-expression.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can explore the use of transparent silicone and air-drying manufacturing techniques to create innovative, sustainable, and attention-grabbing fashion pieces.
2. Manufacturing - The manufacturing industry can adopt the air-drying process used in creating the Asher Levine Condom Jacket, enabling the production of unique and eco-friendly products in various sectors.
3. Personal Protective Equipment - The personal protective equipment industry can leverage the use of medical-grade silicone and air-drying technologies to develop transparent and durable protective gear, offering enhanced safety with a unique aesthetic.