Lady Gaga’s ‘ARTPOP’ album app was just released to coincide with the launch of her new album, providing an experience that combines music, fashion, art and technology. The app is comparable to Bjork’s ‘Biophilia’ music app, which was released in 2011, that also provided new ways for people to interact with an artist's music.
As you might imagine, Gaga’s app is on the artsy side. It begins with ‘Petga,’ a character that asks for the user’s name and “scans your aura,” which allows users to choose traits that represent them. These include options like artistic, entrepreneurial and psychic. The app goes on to ask about the user’s interests, the themes from ‘ARTPOP’ that are most interesting to them and what lyrics speak most to the user. The more the app is used, the brighter a user’s “aura” will glow.
For fans that have purchased a digital copy of ‘ARTPOP,’ it will be available on a turntable within the app and continuously plays even if a user is interacting with other parts of the app. Fans are encouraged to create projects, chat and one of the most exciting features is that there are notifications for works that have been viewed by Gaga herself.
Lady Gaga's ARTPOP Album App is a Unique Experience
1. Interactive Music Apps - Developing music apps that go beyond traditional playback and offer unique interactive experiences can provide a competitive edge for artists.
2. Art-tech Fusion - Combining art, fashion, and technology in apps like Lady Gaga's 'ARTPOP' creates a unique and immersive experience for fans and showcases a promising area for innovation.
3. Virtual Fan Engagement - Apps that provide the opportunity for fans to connect with artists and create projects, such as in Lady Gaga's 'ARTPOP' app, can foster and deepen fan engagement virtually.
1. Music Industry - Incorporating interactive and immersive technology experiences can provide a new revenue stream and engagement opportunity for artists and record labels in the music industry.
2. Art Industry - Artists and museums can leverage the fusion of art and technology, such as in the 'Biophilia' and 'ARTPOP' apps, to create more engaging and novel experiences for art lovers.
3. App Development Industry - Developing innovative and interactive apps like 'ARTPOP' and Bjork's 'Biophilia' can create new opportunities for startups and established companies in the app development industry.