Artist Joshua Harker has created a new brilliant self-portrait. With the use of a 3D printer, CT and 3D scanning, Joshua Harker created an elaborate sculpture of his own face. With the CT scan capturing the shape of his skull, he scanned his face to create new skin.
With the help of a 3D printer Joshua was able to create and intricately woven mask that anatomically accurate to his own face. The patterns that make up the mask look like the carvings you might find on a medieval mask. The brain that is placed inside the skull has a swivel pattern on it that is similar to the swirls found on your actual brain. This anatomically accurate sculpture brings an elegant delicate look to a sculpture that originally would be quite an odd sight to see.
Artist Joshua Harker Uses a 3D Printer to Create an Elegant Portrait
1. 3D Printed Self-portraits - Opportunity for entrepreneurs to offer customized 3D printed self-portrait service to individuals.
2. Personalized 3D Printing - An opportunity to offer personalized 3D printing services to individuals and businesses.
3. Artistic 3D Printing - Opportunity for artists to use 3D printing to create intricate and detailed pieces of art.
1. 3D Printing - The 3D printing industry has the opportunity to expand into customized and personalized services for individuals and businesses using CT scans and 3D scanning.
2. Art - The art industry can explore the use of 3D printing to create intricate sculptures and other art pieces.
3. Healthcare - The healthcare industry can use 3D printing and CT scans to create accurate models of body parts for surgical planning and medical research.