This year marks the launch of the 2010 UK 'Art School Cliché Spotting,' a project with an iPhone app that reveals a tongue-in-cheek take on common patterns seen in Art and Design summer shows.
On the Art School Cliché Spotting website, you can see the top ten Art and Design schools and their cliché ranking, established through users of the iPhone app.
This humorous project was curated by the Open Design School and executed by Pascal Raabe and Barnaby Norwood, two design students from Bristol who are part of the creative collective Symbilabs.
Art School 'Cliche Spotting' Mocks Common Patterns in Art & Design Shows
1. Art School - Disruptive innovation opportunity in reimagining art education to challenge and break away from clichés and traditional patterns.
2. Design Shows - Disruptive innovation opportunity in creating alternative platforms and experiences for showcasing art and design that defy expected clichés.
3. Humorous Projects - Disruptive innovation opportunity in exploring the power of humor to engage audiences and challenge conventional norms in various industries.
1. Education - Disruptive innovation opportunity in revolutionizing art education to promote unconventional thinking and foster creativity.
2. Art and Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity in transforming traditional art and design shows into immersive and unconventional experiences that challenge clichés.
3. Creative Collectives - Disruptive innovation opportunity in forming collaborative networks or platforms that support and showcase humorous and unconventional creative projects.