Structural art, colorful paintings, collages and mixed media art forms -- all of these are featured in the Art HK 2011 show. The show featured 260 galleries from 38 countries, which forms the largest display of contemporary art ever seen in Hong Kong.
The variety of works and artists is a profound display of multiculturalism and acceptance, as the cultural influences in most of the pieces are evident.
The fair is now open until Sunday and is one of the most eagerly anticipated events on the international art calendar. According to the show's website, it will "present works from modern masters such as Picasso through to important contemporary artists such as Takashi Murakami and Damien Hirst, offering visitors the opportunity to immerse themselves in the very best and most extensive showcase of modern and contemporary art in Asia."
Attending this display of artistic and cultural genius would surely be an enriching experience, but the photos do translate the variety of brilliance on display this weekend at the Art HK 2011 fair.
ART HK 2011 is a Multicultural Contemporary Show Featuring Over 38 Countries
1. Multicultural Art - Opportunity for galleries to showcase art that represents multiple cultures, leading to a more inclusive and diverse art scene.
2. Mixed Media Art - Opportunity for artists to experiment with combining different art forms, leading to new, innovative styles of art.
3. Digital Art Exhibitions - Opportunity for galleries to host virtual exhibitions and reach a wider audience through online platforms, creating a new avenue for displaying and selling art.
1. Art Galleries - As seen in Art HK 2011, art galleries have an opportunity to showcase and sell art from multiple cultures, creating a more inclusive and diverse art scene.
2. Artists - Artists have the opportunity to experiment with combining different art forms, leading to new, innovative styles of art that can be showcased in events like Art HK 2011.
3. Digital Platforms - With digital art exhibitions becoming more prevalent, digital platforms have the opportunity to provide a space for galleries and artists to reach a wider audience and sell their work online.