These pieces of furniture are sexy. Amanda Levete designed "Around the Corner' for architects Future Systems to be built by Established & Sons (great name.) Each experiments with a different material: hot neon colored fiberglass, silky black marble, cool Corian, and sensuous laminated wood. Wow seems appropriate.
Implications - The use of sensuality in design is something that attracts consumers on a biological level. Though the sexuality of a piece like the Around the Corner seat may be lost on the average adult, its curvy shape will still draw a subtle sensuality that a consumer's subconscious will recognize and respond to. As long as human beings like sex, consumers will appreciate sexual design.
Around The Corner Desks
1. Sensuality in Design - Exploring the use of sensual elements in design to attract consumers on a subconscious level.
2. Curvaceous Furniture - Designing furniture with curvy shapes to evoke a sense of allure and sensuality.
3. Experimenting with Materials - Using innovative and unexpected materials in furniture design to create unique and captivating pieces.
1. Furniture Design - Opportunity to incorporate sensuality and curvaceous shapes in furniture design, creating visually appealing and attractive products.
2. Interior Design - Utilizing furniture with sensual design elements to enhance the overall aesthetic and ambiance of interior spaces.
3. Material Manufacturing - Creating and supplying innovative materials for furniture designers to experiment with, leading to the development of disruptive and eye-catching products.