Arla Foods, the Danish dairy company, announced that it will create a UK facility for manufacturing lactose-free milk. In total, the facility will cost $32.8 million USD to build, and it will be located in Settle, North Yorkshire. The site will be able to produce 120m liters of product, and it will create 50 new jobs in Settle. The new facility will improve the company's capabilities to serve the UK market, as previously Arla Foods would have to transport lactose -free products into the region from Denmark.
The lactose-free milk produced by Arla Foods is one of the most popular in the region, and the company states that it has, "gone from strength to strength." Arla Foods also noted that its lactose-free milk is now being used at Costa, which is one of the most successful coffee chains in the country.
Image Credit: Arla Foods
Arla Foods Will Create a UK Location for Lactose-free Milk
1. Increasing Demand for Lactose-free Products - The growing consumer demand for lactose-free products presents opportunities for companies to innovate and expand their lactose-free milk production facilities.
2. Localized Manufacturing Facilities - Establishing localized lactose-free milk production facilities allows companies to improve efficiency, reduce transportation costs, and better serve regional markets.
3. Partnerships with Popular Food Chains - Collaborating with successful food chains, such as Costa, presents opportunities for companies to increase brand exposure and capture a broader lactose-free milk market.
1. Dairy - The dairy industry can leverage the increasing demand for lactose-free milk by investing in advanced production facilities and expanding their lactose-free product lines.
2. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry can capitalize on the growing popularity of lactose-free milk by incorporating it into various product offerings and catering to lactose-intolerant consumers.
3. Manufacturing - The manufacturing industry can explore opportunities in establishing specialized facilities for lactose-free milk production, leveraging advanced technologies and automation to streamline processes.