The ARIKUI Anteater Lamp is such an adorable concept. In considering how the designer might have been inspired to create it, one may decide that it had something to do with the power cord.
With most table lamps, the cable that connects the lighting fixture to the power outlet is often an inevitable component that's forgotten about in the greater scheme of the design. It's simply a necessary afterthought that reluctantly anchors the object to an open electrical source. However, in the case of this delightful item, the wire has actually been turned into an integral piece of the sleek sculpture, acting as the long tongue of the animal to which it's attached.
The ARIKUI Anteater Lamp also differs significantly from conventional illuminators in the way that the whole of its hard modern shell acts as a lampshade.
The ARIKUI Anteater Lamp Licks the Light On
1. Animal-inspired Lighting - Designing lighting fixtures inspired by animals offers a playful way to incorporate functional objects into the overall aesthetic of a space.
2. Integrating Power Cords Into Design - Turning a necessary but often overlooked element of design, like power cords, into an integral part of the overall aesthetic can elevate an object's functionality and appeal.
3. Functional Sculpture - Merging form and function to create functional sculptures provides an opportunity to bring artistic expression into everyday objects.
1. Lighting Design - Lighting designers can incorporate animal-inspired designs or integrate power cords into the overall design of their fixtures to create playful and unique lighting options.
2. Home Decor - Home decor companies can offer customers functional sculptures as decorative items that provide both artistic expression and practical use.
3. Furniture Design - Furniture designers can experiment with creating pieces that serve multiple functions, like the ARIKUI Anteater Lamp, to offer customers practical yet artistic solutions for their homes.