The company behind these Ariel Stain Remover ads is definitely of a cynical spirit, but when you're in the business of spots, splatters and smears on fabric, you always need to be prepared.
"There's always a stain waiting to happen" is the Ariel motto, and really, there's always that possibility. Balance, control, agility, obstacles and others in the room all have an impact on whether or not your glass of wine may end up on your shirt or the carpet, and should any spatters appear on such items, you'd want a bottle of laundry detergent at hand to go on offense the moment it occurs.
Quite cleverly, Saatchi & Saatchi used the iconic shape of a spill in each of these Ariel Stain Remover ads. To communicate definite possibility and expectancy if such accidents, the form of the soup bowl and the jam-covered cake tray have been sculpted in such a way, rather than applying the image directly to the floor.
Ariel Stain Remover Ads Anticipate Eating Accidents
1. Stain Remover Advertising - Opportunity for advertising agencies to use creative approaches to reposition stain removers as a necessity rather than an option.
2. Preemptive Stain Remover Marketing - Opportunity for brands to design preemptive marketing strategies that build intrinsic motivation in consumers to keep a stock of stain removers handy.
3. Convenience-driven Advertising - Opportunity for brands to push their convenience factor, emphasizing how people will need to be armed with instant solutions like stain removers when accidents occur.
1. Advertising - Opportunity for creative advertising agencies to create attention-grabbing campaigns for stain removers that shift their positioning from optional to essential.
2. Laundry Detergent Manufacturing - Opportunity for companies to heavily invest in stain remover product development to cater to the increasing demand for preemptive, convenience-based solutions.
3. E-commerce - Opportunity for online retailers to widen their product range and stock a variety of stain removers and related tools that customers can buy along with other household items.