UK artist Anthony Roussel combines 3-D software and high tech laser cutting techniques to transform the traditional material of wood into these original bracelets. The resulting jewelry is modern in its design, with a flash of inspiration from topographical maps. The darkening of the edges is a consequence from the laser burning its way through the wood, adding to the three dimensional effect.
These pieces are not only wearable objects, but could be simply put on display to enjoy.
Implications - The unconventional jewelry marries tradition and modern innovation, morphing traditional materials like wood into crafty, one of a kind pieces using new forms of technology that modify the existing craft.
Laser Cut Wooden Bracelets by Anthony Roussel
1. 3-D Software Jewelry - Laser cutting techniques combined with 3-D software enable the transformation of traditional materials into unique jewelry pieces.
2. Topographical-inspired Jewelry - Jewelry designs inspired by topographical maps create modern and visually striking accessories.
3. High Tech Laser Cutting - The use of high tech laser cutting techniques revolutionizes the creation of intricate and three-dimensional jewelry.
1. Fashion and Accessories - The fashion industry could incorporate laser cut wooden bracelets into their collections, offering customers unique and stylish accessories.
2. Craft and Artisanal - The craft and artisanal industry can explore the use of 3-D software and laser cutting techniques to elevate traditional materials into innovative and distinctive creations.
3. Home Decor - The home decor industry can adapt the concept of architectural jewelry to create decorative pieces that add a modern and artistic touch to interior spaces.