Michael Elmgreen, born in Copenhagen, Denmark and Ingar Dragset, born in Trondheim, Norway have been collaborating on the creation of amazing architectural art projects since 1995. They live and work in London and Berlin.
Together ELMGREEN & DRAGSET will curate The Nordic and Danish Pavilions at the 53rd International Art Exhibition, La Biennale di Venezia. The project is called ‘The Collectors’.
In the gallery above you can see some of their fantastic work which includes the twin sink piece with tangled up piping, entitled “Marriage”, the amazing exotic pad with a diving board placed at near the window for easy access to the sea, and the crazy Prada store placed in the middle of nowhere.
I love the way their work is a brilliant mixture of black humor, sharp aesthetics and conceptual architecture and design. Very impressive.
Conceptual Art Projects By Scandinavian Duo Elmgreen & Dragset
1. Conceptual Architecture - Opportunity to disrupt traditional architectural design by incorporating conceptual and artistic elements into buildings and structures.
2. Art Curation - Opportunity to disrupt traditional art curation by incorporating architectural design and installations into exhibitions.
3. Experiential Retail - Opportunity to disrupt traditional retail spaces by incorporating conceptual and artistic elements into the design and layout.
1. Architecture - Pushing boundaries of architecture by incorporating artistic expression and unconventional design elements.
2. Art - Incorporating architectural design and installations into art exhibitions to create unique and immersive experiences for viewers.
3. Retail - Creating immersive retail experiences through incorporating conceptual and artistic elements into the design and layout of stores.