Google created a new AR tool that helps users adhere to social distancing regulations. The new AR tool is named Sodar, and it was testing using the Google Twitter account. Users can access Sodar through their either Google Chrome or an Android device, as currently, it is exclusive to Google browsers.
The tool creates a virtual bubble, of either two meters or six feet, which can be seen through the users phone screen. Seeing a virtual bubble allows users to immediately know the appropriate distance required to ensure safety.
Additionally providing visual reminders can help users adjust to social interactions during the new normal, and sure that all the necessary precautions are being followed.
Image Credit: Shutterstock
Google Created an AR Social Distancing Tool Named 'Sodar'
1. AR Social Distancing Tools - Creating augmented reality tools that visually indicate social distancing requirements can help users adhere to safety guidelines.
2. Virtual Distance Reminders - Developing virtual reminders, like virtual bubbles, can help users maintain appropriate distances and ensure safety in social interactions.
3. AR for Safety Compliance - Using augmented reality technology to assist users in following safety regulations can help promote compliance during the new normal.
1. Technology - The technology industry can develop and improve AR social distancing tools to ensure safety and compliance in various settings.
2. Mobile Applications - The mobile app industry can integrate AR social distancing tools to provide users with convenient and accessible reminders for maintaining distance.
3. Retail and Hospitality - The retail and hospitality industry can implement AR social distancing tools to enhance customer safety and promote a comfortable and secure experience.