The aquatic animal plush toy collection by BigStuffed is intended for kids play, but has a consciously designed aesthetic appeal for adults. The label was founded by Dana Muskat, who gifted her newborn niece a handcrafted albino octopus and realized the potential of the sizable creature. The aquatic animal plushies includes sharks, crabs, manatees, sea stars, whales and is 100% handmade in France and across Europe.
Naturally, albino sea creatures are abandoned at birth due to their pigment deficiency and appearance. BigStuffed boasts that its aquatic animal plush toys are "looking for a new family to adopt them." Each token of the collection is unique in its appearance. The detail that absolutely binds these creatures together is the trademark droopy eyes that are a signifier for their sad adventures.
Photo Credits: BigStuffed
BigStuffed's Plushies are Albino, Sizable and Handmade
1. Handmade Plush Toys - The trend of parents seeking rare and unique handmade plush toys for their children creates a disruptive innovation opportunity for small businesses to tap into a niche market.
2. Conscious Design - The trend of conscious design in children's toys creates a disruptive innovation opportunity for eco-friendly and sustainable material manufacturers to partner with toy companies.
3. Emotionally Themed Plushies - The trend of creating emotionally themed plush toys like BigStuffed's 'sad' aquatic creatures creates a disruptive innovation opportunity for mental health-focused children's toys.
1. Toy Manufacturing - The toy manufacturing industry can capitalize on the trend of unique handmade plush toys through collaborations with small businesses who specialize in niche markets.
2. Sustainable Materials - The sustainable materials industry can capitalize on the trend of conscious design in toys by developing eco-friendly, non-toxic materials specifically for toy manufacturing.
3. Mental Health Toys - The mental health industry can tap into the trend of emotionally themed plushies to create toys that aid in children's emotional development and wellbeing.