Shortly after NVIDIA officially unveiled its RTX 4090 graphics processing unit (GPU) series, MSI announced its 'Apex Evolution' set of high-end gaming GPUs. The Apex Evolution lineup includes four units, each of which leverage a special thermal dissipation system that the company is referring to as 'Hybrid Cooling Systems.'
The four models in the lineup are the 'Suprim Liquid,' the 'Suprim,' the 'Ventus,' and the 'Gaming Trio.' The Suprim Liquid is the flagship device in the lineup, leveraging a combination of liquid and air cooling. This card has a single fan and a closed loop of liquid cooling hidden within the chassis. This results in significantly reduced temperatures over purely air-cooled GPUs, allowing for faster clock speeds and longer operation times.
The other three models leverage a mixture of air cooling and passive cooling, with three fans and a large heat dissipation heatsink on each model. The models vary in price and in stock clockspeeds, with the most affordable in the lineup being the 'Ventus.'
Image Credit: MSI
MSI's New Apex Evolution GPUs use a Hybrid Cooling System
1. Hybrid Cooling Systems - The addition of liquid cooling technology with air cooling provides a more efficient cooling solution for GPUs, creating opportunities for further development and innovation in this space.
2. High-end Gaming Gpus - The release of the Apex Evolution lineup of GPUs offers an opportunity for other companies to compete by releasing their own high-end gaming GPUs with unique features and improved performance.
3. Reduced GPU Temperatures - With the use of advanced thermal dissipation systems, there is an opportunity for companies to develop GPUs that run at even lower temperatures while maintaining high performance, which could be of great interest to the gaming industry as well as other industries that rely on high-performance computing.
1. Gaming - The high-end gaming industry could see disruption as companies release competing GPUs with similar or improved features as the Apex Evolution lineup, potentially changing the industry landscape.
2. Computer Hardware - The development of advanced cooling systems for GPUs opens up opportunities for companies to innovate and develop new hardware products with better efficiency and performance.
3. Industrial Computing - Industries that rely on high-performance computing, such as finance or scientific research, could benefit from the development of more efficient and powerful GPUs with advanced cooling systems to support their complex computational needs.