Jia Jam wanted to design an outfit for her Aqua Teen Hunger Force birthday party and she decided to go a nontraditional route and choose salami and bacon for an extra meaty look.
The basic dress is made out of thick cotton and layered with pieces of meat and covered in clear vinyl. To avoid dripping meat juice, there is a strip of clear vinyl on the bottom of the dress.
Jia Jam says, “The whole project took about 6 hours, and I kept it refrigerated until the party.”
She also said the costume actually works like a magnet to catch a guy. What a ‘meat’ idea for a birthday suit.
Jia Jam's Real Bacon And Salami Dress for Aqua Teen Hunger Force
1. Edible Fashion - Opportunity for designers to create sustainable fashion from food waste and challenge traditional clothing materials.
2. Food-based Art - Opportunity for artists to showcase unique and unconventional materials that challenge traditional art mediums.
3. Novelty Fashion - Opportunity for designers to create attention-grabbing and unconventional clothing items that appeal to niche audiences.
1. Fashion Industry - Opportunity for designers to use unconventional materials and innovate sustainable fashion practices.
2. Art Industry - Opportunity for artists to challenge traditional art mediums and techniques by using unconventional materials.
3. Event Planning Industry - Opportunity for event planners to create custom themed events and incorporate unique costume designs.