Looking like a blonde bombshell herself, Angelique Houtkamp has become famous for her iconic, 1930’s style art. She tattoos clients out of her Amsterdam studio, but also paints beautiful watercolors of snappy ladies baring pin-curls and cherry lips that she shows around the world.
After the great success of her first book titled “Tattoo Darling,” her new book “Tattoo Mystique” comes out this week. It is sure to be full of more drawings that she describes as humorous, nautical and a type of haunting Hollywood romance.
If you want to be tattooed by Ms. Houtkamp, you need a one-way ticket to Amsterdam, as her studio is currently the only place she works!
Dutch Tattooist Angelique Houtkamp Crafts Modern Beauties
1. Pin-up Artistry - Opportunity for businesses to incorporate vintage pin-up art style in their branding and marketing strategies.
2. Tattoo Culture - Potential for businesses to capitalize on the growing popularity of tattoos through collaborations with tattoo artists or offering tattoo-related products and services.
3. Artistic Books - Market opportunity for businesses to create and publish artistic books that appeal to niche audiences.
1. Fashion and Beauty - Disruptive innovation opportunities in the fashion and beauty industry by incorporating pin-up art aesthetic in clothing, makeup, and accessories.
2. Arts and Entertainment - Opportunities for businesses to collaborate with tattoo artists and showcase their artwork through exhibitions, galleries, and events.
3. Publishing - Potential for disruptive innovation in the publishing industry by creating and promoting artistic books and graphic novels targeted at specific art-loving audiences.