The Amnesty International Your Word ad campaign shows just how powerful words can be. In this case, such power has been depicted as the common speech bubble. But instead of displaying a person's thoughts or statements, the speech bubbles are being used more actively. For instance, the ad that reads, "Your words to stop the killings" is accompanied by an image of a gun trigger being stopped by a speech bubble.
Conceived and executed by Grey, an ad agency baed in Istanbul, Turkey, the Amnesty International Your Word ad campaign was art directed by Tolga Özbakır and Burak Çınar with creative direction by Engin Kafadar and Ergin Binyıldız. Thanks to its own words, the campaign sends a strong message.
The Amnesty International Your Word Campaign Preserves Innocence
1. Amplified Ad Messaging - Using speech bubbles as an active symbol in ads offers a fresh take on traditional messaging and creates a new realm for creative exploration.
2. Interactive Advertising - Amnesty International's Your Word campaign demonstrates how including viewers into the advertising experience can increase engagement and interest with a brand or cause.
3. Inclusive Messaging - The use of active speech bubbles creates a universal and relatable messaging tactic that can be applied across various demographics and industries.
1. Advertising - The use of new symbols and tactics can enhance brand messaging and advertising strategies.
2. Human Rights Organizations - The inclusion of viewers in messaging creates an opportunity for human rights organizations to connect with individuals and inspire change.
3. Social Activism - Inclusive messaging tactics can increase social awareness and inspire activism across various social and political causes.