If you've finally hatched a killer idea and developed the great product, one of the most frustrating parts can be figuring out what the do with all your merchandise until it's sold. That's where Amazon is stepping in, with a new service to help businesses with warehousing and shipping.
You can ship anything to Amazon Fulfillment Web Service and they'll warehouse and process it for you. They even let you maintain brand integrity by give you the chance to customize the packing slips on Amazon's boxes.
"Amazon FWS allows you to manage all aspects of inbound and outbound fulfillment activity," they describe.
"The service provides a variety of inventory management tools and allows you to designate which orders Amazon should fulfill, giving you the flexibility to use as much or as little of the underlying Fulfillment by Amazon service as you want. Amazon FWS also supports multi-channel selling by enabling you to sell products simultaneously on your own sites as well as on Amazon.com - with Amazon fulfilling both channels."
It's especially helpful to people working from home who have huge ideas, but don't have the gigantic storage space to accompany it.
Amazon Fulfillment Web Service
1. Outsourced Warehousing - The rise of outsourced warehousing services like Amazon Fulfillment Web Service presents opportunities for businesses to streamline their operations and reduce logistical complexities.
2. Customizable Packaging - The trend of customizable packing slips offered by Amazon Fulfillment Web Service allows businesses to maintain brand integrity and enhance the customer experience.
3. Multi-channel Selling - The integration of multi-channel selling capabilities by Amazon Fulfillment Web Service empowers businesses to expand their reach and maximize sales by selling on multiple platforms simultaneously.
1. E-commerce Fulfillment - Outsourced warehousing services like Amazon Fulfillment Web Service present a disruptive innovation opportunity for the e-commerce fulfillment industry to optimize storage, order processing, and logistics.
2. Branding and Packaging - The trend of customizable packaging and packing slips offered by Amazon Fulfillment Web Service opens up new possibilities for the branding and packaging industry to provide personalized and unique solutions for businesses.
3. Marketplace Integration - The emergence of multi-channel selling capabilities by Amazon Fulfillment Web Service creates opportunities for the marketplace integration industry to develop efficient solutions that enable businesses to sell seamlessly across various channels.