Amazon Clicks and Mortar is a new initiative that will see the Internet giant open a total of 10 stores across the UK, all of which will support small online businesses with physical retail space in a prime location. For the first time ever, Amazon will be launching this program to expose small online businesses to high street shoppers.
The first Clicks and Mortar store from Amazon is opening on St Mary’s Gate in central Manchester and research from the shops will be submitted by an independent consultant to the government. As well as being provided with a brick and mortar space as part of the program, participating online businesses will also benefit from being bolstered by technology and support from Amazon.
At the newly opened shop in Manchester, shoppers can purchase everything from refreshments to beauty products and decor, and conveniently collect their orders from Amazon Lockers.
Amazon 'Clicks and Mortar' Gives Online Businesses Store Space
1. Online Businesses in Physical Retail - The trend of launching physical stores for online businesses will continue as a disruptive innovation opportunity.
2. Supporting Small Businesses - Efforts to support small businesses will continue as a disruptive innovation opportunity.
3. Technology-enabled Brick and Mortar Stores - Brick and mortar stores with integrated technology will continue as a disruptive innovation opportunity.
1. Retail - The retail industry can benefit from providing physical retail space for small online businesses.
2. E-commerce - The e-commerce industry can benefit from offering small businesses physical spaces to sell their products.
3. Technology - Companies in the technology industry can innovate and benefit from developing technologies to support physical retail locations.