Apple has announced the Apple Watch Series 5, which will have an always-on retina display. The always-on Retina display is able to allocate power, as well as refresh, without the need to turn off. The new display feature will also not reduce the battery life of the new Apple Watch. New features will also be included in the display of the watch, including the user's heart rate.
Other notable features to the Apple Watch Series 5 include a compass, which can easily indicate the user's direction. As well as an emergency call feature that will work internationally by holding a button.
The GPS model will have a $399 price point, while the cellular model has a $499 price point.
Image Credit: Apple
The Apple Watch Series 5 Will Have an Always-On Retina Display
1. Always-on Smartwatch Displays - The Apple Watch Series 5 introduces an always-on Retina display, paving the way for other smartwatch manufacturers to incorporate similar features.
2. Power-efficient Display Technology - Apple's always-on Retina display highlights the need for power-efficient display technologies to be integrated into other consumer electronic devices.
3. Enhanced Health Monitoring - The inclusion of heart rate monitoring in the Apple Watch Series 5's always-on display presents opportunities for further integration of health monitoring features in smartwatches.
1. Consumer Electronics - The development of always-on smartwatch displays creates opportunities for companies in the consumer electronics industry to differentiate their products through similar features.
2. Wearable Technology - The introduction of always-on displays in smartwatches is poised to disrupt the wearable technology industry by providing users with constant visual information without sacrificing battery life.
3. Healthcare and Fitness - The integration of heart rate monitoring in always-on smartwatch displays opens up possibilities for healthcare and fitness industries to leverage the technology for more accurate and continuous health tracking.