If you're the type of person who has been mourning the loss of lime Skittles, then you'll be thrilled to hear that the brand is introducing new All-Lime Skittles packs.
Back in 2013, Skittles abruptly cut lime from its flavor list, and replaced it with green apple. Many fans were devastated and continued to mourn the loss of the tangy lime flavor.
Now, eight years later, lime is back in the form of dedicated All-Lime Skittles packs. As Senior Brand Manager at Mars Wrigley Fernando Rodrigues explained: “Our Skittles fans asked, and we are thrilled to deliver. Lime-loving Skittles fans have been very vocal with their pleas to bring back their favorite flavor and we’re excited to be able to offer them all the lime Skittles they want with the release of our All Lime packs."
Just keep in mind that the new All-Lime Skittles will only be available for a limited time.
Image Credit: Skittles
Lime Skittles are Returning in the Form of All-Lime Skittles Packs
1. All-lime Products - Opportunity for brands to capitalize on nostalgic flavors and launch all-lime versions of their products.
2. Consumer Input - Opportunity for brands to listen to and implement consumer feedback and requests in product development.
3. Limited Edition Items - Opportunity for brands to create a sense of urgency and increase demand through limited edition product offerings.
1. Confectionery - Opportunity for candy companies to utilize nostalgic flavors and limited edition releases to drive sales and increase brand loyalty.
2. Food and Beverage - Opportunity for food and beverage companies to incorporate nostalgic flavors into their products and use consumer input to guide new product development.
3. Packaged Snacks - Opportunity for companies to appeal to consumers' desires for specific flavors by releasing limited edition products or permanent all-flavor versions.