An unpredictable partnership between Alife and Crocs has surfaced, as the two dropped a series of footwear models that boast both the visual aesthetics and functions of both brands. The New York City-based streetwear label and rubber shoe label introduced three styles in total -- the 'Classic,' 'Sport,' and the 'Art.' The Classic silhouette is finished in an all-gray colorway and is accented with a large Alife branding detail. The Art model sports a detachable 3D-printed 'Jibbitz' of one of New York's famous landmarks.
The highlighted silhouette of the pack is the 'Sport', which is a white pair of crocs that has white tube socks incorporated within them. Rob Cristofaro, the founder of Alife explains that the tube sock was a staple for him during his youth in the 70 residing in New York. He thought to incorporate that concept at an elevated level with Crocs to blend the two elements.
Alife and Crocs Joined Forces to Drop a Range of Footwear
1. Streetwear-inspired Footwear - The fusion of two distinct brands or styles of footwear creating a new trend and disrupting traditional footwear design.
2. Collaboration-based Collections - Brands teaming up to create unique collections, creating new and unexpected products and disrupting the concept of brand loyalty.
3. Functionality & Aesthetics Combination - Creating fashionable footwear products that also focus on functionality and comfort, disrupting the traditional emphasis on appearance over practicality.
1. Footwear Industry - Innovative collaborations between brands leading to the creation of hybrid footwear products that cater to different fashion styles and disrupt the age-old concept of traditional footwear categories.
2. Streetwear Industry - Exploring strategic partnerships integrally with major brands to disrupt traditional fashion industry and create new trends.
3. Fashion Industry - The combination of fashion and function allowing opportunity for major market disruption.