Designer Tineke Beunders has recreated doll house toys into full-sized furniture. She studied the shapes and colours of the miniature accessories and brought them into surreal life, giving them an almost Alice-in-Wonderland appeal.
The mint green make-up table, comb and mirror set and coffee cup have been designed oddly over-scaled, giving them a Wonderland sort of aura about them. I especially like the clothes hooks with the bulky hanger.
Implications - A large clientele in society is drawn to products that are able to generate feelings or emotions of nostalgia. A product that is able to create a sense of familiarity and comfort amongst consumers is much more approachable in the eyes of consumers.
‘When I was Small' by Tineke Beunders
1. Nostalgia-driven Products - Opportunity to create products that evoke feelings of nostalgia and comfort to appeal to a large clientele.
2. Surreal Furniture Design - Opportunity to explore imaginative and whimsical furniture designs that bring a sense of wonder and appeal to consumers.
3. Over-scaled Accessories - Opportunity to create oversized versions of everyday objects to add a touch of surrealism and novelty to products.
1. Furniture Design - Opportunity for furniture designers to embrace surreal and nostalgic elements in their creations.
2. Interior Decor - Opportunity for interior decorators to incorporate whimsical and nostalgic furniture pieces to create unique and memorable spaces.
3. Gifts and Home Décor - Opportunity for companies in the gifts and home décor industry to offer nostalgic and whimsical products that resonate with consumers.