The Alexander Wang Buckle Boot was a sight for sore eyes during the RTW AW15 shows. New York Fashion Week boasts the Asian-American designer each season as one of its main headliners. This season, Wang payed tribute to London's punk rock era through his multi-buckle boot. The silver bedazzled clasps glide seamlessly over the patten leather flatforms.
The boot was seen on the runway in all black, all silver and a black/ silver combination. With the introduction of the Alexander Wang Buckle Boot, an expected influx of flatforms will be on the rise. Style.com has dubbed the shoes as 'Frankenstein boots' — after their combination of buckles, platforms and shiny exterior. The neo-grunge aesthetic separates the designer apart from the others this season.
The Alexander Wang Buckle Boot Pays Homage to the Punk Rock Era
1. Influx of Flatforms - The introduction of the Alexander Wang Buckle Boot is expected to lead to an influx of flatforms in the fashion industry.
2. Neo-grunge Aesthetic - The neo-grunge aesthetic showcased in the Alexander Wang Buckle Boot presents an opportunity for designers to explore edgy and rebellious fashion trends.
3. Frankenstein Boots - The combination of buckles, platforms, and a shiny exterior in the Alexander Wang Buckle Boot has sparked a trend of unique and unconventional footwear designs.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can capitalize on the trend of luxurious grunge footwear by designing and producing their own versions of the Alexander Wang Buckle Boot.
2. Footwear - The footwear industry has an opportunity to create innovative and edgy designs by incorporating elements of punk rock and grunge in their products.
3. Accessories - The accessories industry can explore the market potential of punk-inspired buckles and clasps in their designs, following the popularity of the Alexander Wang Buckle Boot.