The Airbus MAVERIC was unveiled at the 2020 Singapore Airshow as a new kind of airplane that aims to transform air travel by highlighting a blended wing-body design that's focused on enhanced efficiency.
The airplane is characterized by its wings that are blended into the body of the plane, which will work to reduce drag during operation and increase fuel economy by 20%. This design also allows the cabin of the plane to be expanded to offer an airier feeling for passengers and crew alike to appreciate when flying on long-haul journeys.
The Airbus MAVERIC was spoken on by Executive Vice President of Engineering at Airbus Jean-Brice Dumont who said, "By testing disruptive aircraft configurations, Airbus is able to evaluate their potential as viable future products. Although there is no specific timeline for entry-into-service, this technological demonstrator could be instrumental in bringing about change in commercial aircraft architectures for an environmentally sustainable future for the aviation industry."
The Airbus MAVERIC was Unveiled at the 2020 Singapore Airshow
1. Blended Wing-body Design - The blended wing-body design of the Airbus MAVERIC presents an opportunity for companies to invest in researching and developing this disruptive aircraft configuration.
2. Increased Fuel Economy - The increased fuel economy of the Airbus MAVERIC presents an opportunity for airlines to save on costs while also reducing their carbon footprint.
3. Expanded Cabin Design - The expanded cabin design of the Airbus MAVERIC presents an opportunity for aircraft interior companies to create innovative and comfortable spaces for passengers on long-haul journeys.
1. Aerospace - The aerospace industry could benefit from investing in the development and implementation of blended wing-body design aircraft to increase fuel efficiency and reduce environmental impact.
2. Airlines - Airlines could benefit from implementing the Airbus MAVERIC's blended wing-body design to reduce operating costs and provide a more comfortable experience for passengers with the expanded cabin design.
3. Aircraft Interiors - Companies in the aircraft interiors industry could benefit from designing innovative cabin spaces that take advantage of the Airbus MAVERIC's expanded cabin design to provide a more comfortable travel experience for passengers.