In the hopes of promoting its gourmet airline food, Air France had a food truck zip around Manhattan for five days in March offering free food to the public.
Since airline food typically has a bad reputation, allowing future flyers to try out Air France's food was a great idea. The Air France food truck menu contained some tasty dishes, including items like smoked salmon shrimp rondelle. All of the meals were created by Michelin-starred chef Joël Robuchon.
The Air France food truck apparently dished out 3,000 free meals during the campaign, and people were updated on its location each day via Facebook and Twitter. Air France also awarded two lucky diners with Air France tickets to Paris.
Air France Food Truck Dishes Free Airline Grub to the Public
1. Airline Food Promotion - Providing the public with airline food samples to overturn its negative reputation.
2. Food Truck Marketing - Utilizing food trucks as a form of marketing outreach.
3. Celebrity Chef Collaborations - Partnering with high profile chefs such as Joël Robuchon.
1. Airline - Airline companies looking to promote their food services.
2. Food Truck - Companies using food trucks as a marketing strategy.
3. Hospitality - Michelin-starred chefs working with hotels and resorts to enhance food options.