This just may be the sweetest and most heartwarming aging athletes photography series you're likely to ever see. Still in shape and surprisingly powerful, these senior track and field athletes are still competing in their sport of choice -- and they are going for the gold.
Captured by photographer Angela Jimenez, the ‘Racing Age’ photo series shows that age and a wrinkled body can't stop human determination. Jimenez's aging athletes photography series documents senior track and field athletes in their “peak moments of action."
“How high or far can you jump? The records in each age group are like a record of what aging bodies can do. We are living longer and getting stronger, faster. I wanted to get those peak moments,” says Jimenez.
This Series Shows That a Wrinkled Body Can't Stop Human Determination
1. Senior Athletics - As more senior athletes participate in physical activities, there is an opportunity to develop niche sports equipment and apparel specifically designed to meet their needs.
2. Volunteer Opportunities - There is an opportunity to create volunteer-run fitness centers or programs for seniors to help them stay active and competitive in their chosen sports.
3. Age Inclusive Marketing - Brands can develop advertising campaigns that showcase senior athletes to better represent older demographics.
1. Sports Equipment - With a growing interest among senior athletes, sports equipment brands can innovate by creating products tailored to the aging demographic.
2. Health and Fitness - Fitness centers and wellness brands can capitalize on this trend by developing age-appropriate classes and training for senior athletes.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing firms can develop campaigns targeting seniors with a focus on their athletic pursuits as a source of pride and empowerment.