JBS, one of the world's largest meat processing company's based in Brazil, recently launched an advanced food technology hub called the Incredible Lab to develop and produce plant-based protein on a global scale. The project will be managed by JBS’s Seara Alimentos division and focuses on combining experts in consumer trends, science, technology, and gastronomy in an effort to be an industry leader in the plant-based protein market.
“The world is constantly changing. Today there is a new way for everything and with food it’s no different,” Joanita Karoleski, president of Seara Alimentos, told media outlet Food Navigator-Latam. “The search for vegetable proteins is a reality and we want to be leaders in this segment.”
Image Credit: Veg News/ Seara
Meat Processing Company JBS Launched an Advanced Food Technology Hub
1. Plant-based Protein Production - JBS's Incredible Lab is developing and producing plant-based proteins to be a leader in the market.
2. Vegan Technology - JBS's advanced food technology hub reflects the growing trend towards veganism and plant-based alternatives.
3. Food Innovation - Combining experts in consumer trends, science, technology, and gastronomy offers opportunities for disruptive food innovations through the production of plant-based protein.
1. Meat Processing - JBS's shift towards plant-based protein production creates opportunities for innovation and disruption within the meat processing industry.
2. Food Technology - The launch of JBS's Incredible Lab reflects how the food technology industry is advancing to meet the demand for plant-based protein.
3. Vegan Food - JBS's entrance into producing plant-based protein demonstrates the potential for disruption and innovation within the growing vegan food industry.