The last time we saw Adriana Lima, she was promoting Victoria's Secret during the Super Bowl. Now the Brazilian super model is nerding it up to promote a cell phone. Who cares that it's all in Italian, in fact, I think it makes it better!
In the TV spot, the underwear model strips down and does a sexy dance to showcase the video calling features the phone network TIM can offer.
She gets a video call from a guy, then puts the phone on the counter, runs away and comes back a few seconds later dressed up in a number of outfits, from an all black lacy number to a school girl uniform.
One of our top Trend Hunters, Ayman, helped translate the ad and says it's for 3g and video conferencing. "But who cares what it's for as long as you see her," he adds.
Adriana Lima Strips for Samsung
1. Celebrity Endorsements for Tech Devices - Opportunity for tech companies to use celebrity endorsements, particularly from models and other influencers, in marketing campaigns for electronic devices.
2. Enhanced Video Conferencing - The popularity of video conferencing is growing and there is a ripe opportunity for companies to develop innovations that enhance the video communication experience.
3. Localization of Advertisement Content - Companies can benefit from localizing advertisement content, as seen in the TV spot featuring Adriana Lima for TIM in Italy.
1. Consumer Electronics - Consumer electronic companies can benefit from using celebrity endorsements in their marketing campaigns.
2. Communication Technology - Companies specializing in communication technology can invest in enhancing video conferencing technologies.
3. Advertising - The success of the TIM ad featuring Adriana Lima highlights the opportunity for companies to invest in localization of advertisement content.