Inspired by “the movement of the net after a goal,” according to Style.com, Yohji Yamamoto envisioned a net-themed line for the Adidas Y-3 Spring 2010 collection. Not very practical for the field, or even very practical for everyday attire, this collection is still an interesting concept.
Flashing skin and flowing garments, the Adidas Y-3 Spring 2010 collection provides a unique take on these common runway themes for the upcoming season. Although tastefully executed, we’ll have to wait and see whether women will brave netting themselves up in something other than fishnets.
Yohji Yamamoto Gets Netty for the Adidas Y-3 Spring 2010 Collection
1. Net Fashion - Offering fashion designers the opportunity to explore unconventional materials and textures to create unique and eye-catching designs.
2. Sports-inspired Fashion - Introducing sports themes into high-end fashion can create a new and lucrative market for both industries.
3. Sheer Clothing - Incorporating sheer fabrics in clothing designs can bring about a new level of elegance and sexiness in high-end fashion.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can embrace netting and sports themes to design unique and innovative collections.
2. Sports - The sports industry can explore collaborations with fashion designers to create sports-inspired fashion collections that appeal to a wider audience.
3. Textile - The textile industry can work with fashion designers to develop new fabrics and materials that can be used to create unique and innovative designs.