Montreal-based brand JJJJound recently introduced its latest collaboration made alongside New Balance, updating the 990v3 sneaker model for the season. This marks the sixth time that the two have joined forces, continuing to drop earthy tonal designs.
This time around, it is constructed with mesh materials at the underlays and then overlayed on top with buttery soft suede. This can be seen covering the midfoot section, the rear, and the front -- this is applied in a brown tonal palette. Besides this are some notes of black which are found over the laces, the tongue, piping, interior lining, and the N logo on the side. Branding details are applied by the lateral heel where it reads '990.'
Image Credit: JJJJounds
JJJJound & New Balance Unveil an Editorial for the 990v3 Sneaker
1. Earthy Tonal Designs - Collaborations using earthy tonal designs for sneakers and other apparel items can disrupt the fashion industry and provide a new aesthetic for customers.
2. Mesh-suede Hybrid Material - Creating products using a mesh-suede hybrid material can present a disruptive innovation opportunity for footwear and luxury fashion brands.
3. Recurring Collaborations - Continuing to work with the same collaborators and updating classic designs with new materials can be a disruptive strategy for footwear brands.
1. Footwear - The use of innovative materials and recurring collaborations for footwear can present opportunities for disruption within the industry.
2. Luxury Fashion - Incorporating earthy tonal designs and unique materials such as mesh-suede hybrids can appeal to customers seeking distinctive luxury fashion items.
3. Brand Collaborations - Recurring brand collaborations that refresh classic designs can generate excitement and disruption within the fashion industry.